Join our team! Part Time Sales Associate
Who we are as a company:
Mixed by Design is the retail arm of R Johnston Interiors, Inc., a residential and boutique commercial interior design firm with offices in Los Angeles and Denver. We believe the spaces we spend time in affect how we view and relate to the world around us. We are inspired daily to design spaces that ground our clients in who they uniquely are, so they move into the world renewed, energized, and inspired to impact those around them in positive ways.
Mixed by Design is a specialty home decor boutique bringing a unique collection of home furnishings, art, accessories, and décor curated by the R Johnston Interiors design team. ‘Mixed By Design’ reflects our design philosophy that the most interesting homes are a mix of design styles and price points. With an eye towards sustainability, our philosophy of ‘fewer, better’ supports the concept of designing with quality products that bring beauty, comfort, and joy to our homes for many years.
Position: Retail Sales Associate
Pay: $16/hour min. (pay negotiable with additional experience and skill)
Who you are:
- Passionate about making home a happier, better place to be
- Focused on GREAT customer experiences
- Excited to be a part of a growing business
- High School GED, or equivalent
Roles and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a result-driven retail Sales Associate to be responsible for all sales job duties, from generating leads to closing sales.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Assess customers needs and provide assistance and information on product features
- Welcome customers to the store and answer their queries
- Follow and achieve department’s sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- “Go the extra mile” to drive sales
- Maintain in-stock and presentable condition assigned areas
- Actively seek out customers in store
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases
- Cross sell products
- Handle returns of merchandise
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
- Build productive trust relationships with customers
- Comply with inventory control procedures
- Suggest ways to improve sales (e.g. planning marketing activities, changing the store’s design)
- retail sales experience—preferably in home décor or interiors
- Ideal candidate would have a background in interior design or related industry
- Knowledge of retail management best practices
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Knowledge of Shopify POS and ability to track inventory and sales patterns, or willingness to learn
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Ability and passion for creating engaging store displays
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Consistent weekend availability - we will work to create a good schedule for you with our other staff member
Commitment to continuous learning to stay current and impactful in your role
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate POS system.
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50 pounds, while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
Why you will love working at Mixed by Design….
- We’re passionate about our design and retail clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- We get to be creative daily.
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
- We enjoy the challenges inherent in business growth.
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative.
- We foster an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy.
We have fun! A job should be more than just going to work.
Send Questions and Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org